ConversatioNZ has worded Food Manifesto composed of eleven main points that form the founding principals of the movement and describe the values behind the future of New Zealand food.
Our aim is:
- To express New Zealand's history of gastronomy and the culturally diverse community (CULTURE);
- To enhance the knowledge and bring together the entire community of people from all levels of the food industry (KNOWLEDGE);
- To highlight the quality and vast array of edible resources available in New Zealand (BIODIVERSITY);
- To combine gastronomic endeavours with the importance of human health and the natural environment (BALANCE);
- To promote animal welfare and a sound production processes in our land, fresh water, sea and wilderness (RESPECT);
- To encourage research, education and innovative thinking (INNOVATION);
- To increase consumer awareness by promoting local, seasonal and high quality produce (AWARENESS);
- To build a culture of quality and sense of fellowship in the food industry (FELLOWSHIP);
- To empower the younger generation to build a more sustainable future (FUTURE);
- To advocate nationally and internationally New Zealand's unique and biodiverse food resources and food tourism (PRIDE);
- To encourage people to address global issues and be part of the global food movement (INTERCONNECTION).